Diwali is the festival of lights, it is a major Hindu festival. This Diwali is on the 7th of November in India. In Andhra Pradesh and Telangana Diwali 2018 is a day earlier i.e. on 6th of November. In this article, you can get to know about Diwali, Happy Diwali wishes, quotes, and photos. You can also download beautiful Diwali images here.
People refer to the festival of lights as Diwali or Deepavali. South Indians call it as Deepavali, Deepavali is a combination of two words deep and avail. Deep means earthen lamp and avail mean row. Along with North Indians, Asians and others refer to it as Diwali.
Hindus all around the world, celebrate Diwali festival as the victory of good over evil, light over darkness and pious over impious. It is a great Hindu festival with over 800 million people celebrating it around the world.
- Diwali Pooja: Best Diwali Pooja Thali Decorations
- Choti Diwali or Naraka Chaturdashi Celebrations 2018
This festival lasts for five days, it begins with Dhanteras and ends with Bhai Dooj. Each day has its significance. As Diwali 2018 is on the 7th of November, but the celebrations begin from 5th of November itself.
- The first day is Dhanteras, on this, it is auspicious to buy gold, silver or utensils. At home mothers and wives will perform Yam-Deep-Daan. They worship Lord Yama for their sons and husbands long life.
- The second day is Choti Diwali or Naraka Chaturdasi. Traditionally, the South Indians celebrate Diwali on Naraka Chaturdasi day.
- The third day is actual Diwali. People perform Lakshmi Pooja on this day. They clean their houses and decorate them with rangoli and diyas.
- The fourth day is Govardhana Pooja. People worship mountain Govardhan, they offer Annakut, it consists of various foods. Wives will do Aukshan for husbands’ health and wealth. Then husbands will offer presents to their wives.
- The fifth day is Bhai Dooj. It is a celebration of brothers and sisters bonding. Brothers will visit their sisters on this day. Sisters will perform Aukshan for their brothers’ health and wealth.
Why do we celebrate Diwali?
The festival of lights is celebrated for many reasons. It is celebrated to drive away all the negativity from our lives. There are legends associated with Diwali festival.
Lord Rama went on exile along with his wife Sita and brother Lakshmana for 14 years. In the forests, the demon king Ravana abducts Sita takes her to Lanka. Lord Rama with the help of Hanuman kills Ravana and rescues Sita. And all they return their home on the day of Diwali. Since then people celebrate Diwali festival.
According to Bhagavata Purana, Lord Krishna killed the demon Narakasur. Once Naraksur attacked Lord Indra, he also snatched the earrings of Goddess Adithi and imprisoned 16,000 daughters of Gods and Saints. Then Lord Krishna fought and killed him. Since then people began to celebrate Diwali.
Guru Amar Das laid down the foundation for ‘Golden Temple’ on this day. Since then the importance of Diwali in the Sikh community has increased.
Happy Diwali quotes:
On the festival day, while you are busy with Diwali celebrations, don’ t forget to send Happy Diwali wishes, quotes, and photos to your dear ones. To create an ease for you, here we have listed Happy Diwali Wishes, quotes, and photos. You can also keep Diwali Whatsapp Status. You can download the beautiful Diwali images here
- When You Can Make Someone Else Smile, When You Can Be Someone’s Ally, That’s When You Can Yourself Be Glad, That’s When You’ll Have A Happy Diwali!
- Deepawali Ka Ye Paawan Tyohar,
Jeevan Mein Laye Khushiya Aapar,
Laxmi Ji Viraje Aapke Dwar,
Subhkamnayen Hamari Karen Sweekar!!
Wish You And Your Family A Very Happy Diwali
- May The Joy, Cheer,
Mirth And Merriment
Of This Divine Festival
Surround You Forever.
May The Happiness,
That This Season Brings
Brighten Your Life
And, Hope The Year
Brings You Luck And
Fulfills All Your Dearest Dreams!
- It’s The Season To Pay A Visit,
To All Our Friends And Relations,
To Hand Them Over Sweets And Presents,
Diwali Is Our Splendid Chance.
- This, Is A Special Time When Family
And Friends Get Together, For Fun.
Wishing Laughter And Fun To Cheer Your Days,
This Festive Season Of Diwali And Always!!!!!!!!
Happy Diwali 2018 Wishes:
Here are Diwali 2018 wishes and Diwali images. You can download the Diwali images from below,
- Gulab jamuns, rasgullas, laddus,
sparklers, crackers, and diyas
all are back here to announce
the arrival of Diwali!
so adorn your most colorful attires
and get ready to celebrate!
Wish you a Happy Diwali 2018!
- Ek diya Ganesh ji ke naam ka,
Ek diya Lakshmi ji ke prasad ka,
Aur ek diya meri is shubhkaamna ka,
Safalta rahe tumhare saath sada!
Shubh diwali 2018!!
- Diwali aayee, masti chhahi, rangi rangoli,
Deep jalaye, dhoom dhadaka, chhoda phataka, jali phuljadiyan,
Happy Diwali 2018!
- Yeh deep nahi Deepavali ke, Yeh deep hai us roshni ke, Jo hamare dilo me prem, sohaard vishwaas jalaye!
Shubh deepavali 2018!!
- Deepon ki tarah tum sada jagmagaate raho,
Lakshmi ji ka aashirwaad paate raho,
Meri hai yeh shubhkaamna tumhe
Ki tum hamesha yu hi muskurate raho!!
Shubh deepawali 2018!!
- May this Rangoli decorate your life with-
R- Rainbow of happiness
A- Affection of loved ones
G- Glory in every field
O- Overwhelming success
L- Lasting good health
I- Instant smileA very happy and prosperous Deepavali 2018!
Diwali Quotes and Diwali Whatsapp status:
Below are beautiful Diwali quotes and Diwali Whatsapp status
- On this auspicious and sparkling festival of lights, may the glow of lamp illuminate your life and brings you joy, Prosperity, and happiness. Happy Diwali!
- Ram! The light of lights, the self-luminous inner light of the Self is ever shining steadily in the chamber of your heart. Sit quietly. Close your eyes. Withdraw the senses. Fix the mind on this supreme light and enjoy the real Deepavali, by attaining illumination of the soul.
- Light many lamps of love, blast many chains of sorrow, and shoot many rockets of prosperity, Fire many flowerpots of happiness! Wish you and your family a SPARKLING DIWALI.
- Today’s the `Festival of Lights’ all over; A joyful day for minds and hearts and souls; Laughter and smiles for many days; Let there be the triumph in every way.
- Many Deepavali festivals have come and gone. Yet the hearts of the vast majority are as dark as the night of the new moon. The house is lit with lamps, but the heart is full of the darkness of ignorance. O man! Wake up from the slumber of ignorance. Realize the constant and eternal light of the Soul which neither rises nor sets, through meditation and deep inquiry.
- Candles to enjoy life; Decorations to light life; Presents to share success; Fire Crackers to burn evils; Sweets to sweeten success, And Worship to thank God! Diwali Wishes from Heart.
For this is a special time when family and friends get together, for fun. Wishing amusement and fun to cheer your days, in this Diwali festive season